Two days ago I left Florence bound for the hill towns of San Gimignano, Perugia and Assisi. San Gimignano proved to be one too many old towns spruced up for tourists. They are still amazing to me but there seems to be a point where they start to look the same......so only overall pics of San Gimignano. As luck would have it I arrived late in the evening at Perugia and learned that they were in the middle of their annual chocolate festival. They are apparently famous for chcolate. Any other time I would have been happy to be at a chocolate festival but you must book rooms ahead for a festival. No rooms available after driving to the center of another of these old towns with streets sized for one vehicle, no room to turn corners, pedestrians everywhere and dead end streets which require 28 point turns.
Then I drove to Assissi with the same result. Finaly found a room in Spoleto, Italy. My no reservations philosophy almost failed but finally turned out alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment